Terms and Conditions for Lodges
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Your booking and payment for a holiday constitutes acceptance of them.
The contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the client and Dacre Lakeside Park, subject to the following booking conditions: -
When you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested.
|Total Holiday Price||Deposit per booking|
|Up to £150||£60|
The balance of the rental is payable 56 days prior to arrival. For bookings made less than 30 days in advance, the total amount is payable on the booking. Any payment received automatically acknowledges and accepts the booking conditions.
If you change or cancel your booking.
- Changes. Once a booking has been confirmed by us to you, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced for any reason (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) then, if we accept this change, a fee of £26.00 will be charged together with any costs or charges imposed by other service providers. Up to 8 weeks before the holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one within the same park as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing you pay the administration fee of £26.00 and any outstanding balance. Note: Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
- Cancellations. Telephone us immediately if you have to cancel quoting your booking reference. Your cancellation is effective from the date we receive your telephone notification from you.
If you cancel, the following charges will be payable by you to us.
More than 56 days Loss of deposit 43-56 days 50% 29-42 days 70% 8-28 days 90% 7 days or under 100%
- Standard Cancellation terms.
Subject to receipt of satisfactory documentary evidence, you will be entitled to a refund and a waiver of responsibility for any balance payment due for your accommodation (less a £51 administrative charge) if you cancel at any time after we accept your booking and before you leave home to start your Holiday, or you curtail your holiday at any time after you leave home and before your planned return to it on the holiday end date (provided that everyone in your entire party cancels or curtails their holiday, and the accommodation is left vacant), and your reason for doing so did not exist at the time of upgrading and is any of the following:
- the death, bodily injury, illness or admission to Hospital as an inpatient of you or any other person in your party; a Partner; or a member of your Immediate Family where the cancellation or curtailment is certified as medically necessary by a Qualified Medical Practitioner,
- compulsory quarantine of any person in your party or their travel being prevented by Government restriction following an epidemic;
- redundancy qualifying for payment under any applicable statute of any person in your party; which is notified to and received by you (or any person in your party) after your upgrade is accepted;
- Hi-jack of an aircraft or conveyance in which you/your party is traveling as a passenger;
- you or a person in your party being required for compulsory jury or witness service in a Court of Law in proceedings to be undertaken in the time between their leaving Home to start the Holiday and returning Home after the Holiday;
- unexpected posting by HM Forces or cancellation of leave by HM Police (unless the cost of the lost trip is recoverable from any other source) or compulsory quarantine;
- Police advising against travel due to adverse weather conditions;
- Police requiring a person in your party to attend following theft at their Home or usual place of business; or
- damage rendering the Home of any person in your party uninhabitable.
- The calculation of the amount due is as follows;
- if you have paid your balance, we will refund your deposit and your balance less a £51 administrative charge (booking condition upgrade, amendment and credit card charges are non refundable).
- if you have not paid your balance to us, we will refund your deposit less a £51 administrative charge (booking condition upgrade, amendment and credit card charges are non refundable) and waive your balance due.
- War, whether declared or not;
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste resulting from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly;
- loss due to devaluation of currency or shortages due to errors or omission during monetary transaction;
- any person in your party deciding not to travel, or if already left Home, deciding not to continue;
- any person in your party’s loss of enjoyment of the Holiday;
- any accident to or illness of any person in your party’s family pet;
- adverse changes in any person in your party’s financial circumstances or unemployment other than redundancy as described above;
PERIOD OF HIRE
Rentals commence at 4.00 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. Please advise if arrival time is expected to be after 6.00 p.m. for key collection arrangements.
We may increase or reduce the prices of unsold products and services or correct mistakes in pricing at any time before we confirm your trip. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As changes and mistakes can happen, you must check all details at the time of booking. We can pass on to you, in full, after we have confirmed your booking, all costs or charges the owner makes to us which are connected with your accommodation, including any price increases due to changes in the rates of currency.
VAT at the current rate is included in the rental fee. If VAT rates change, we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly.
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY
The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us. Babies under 2 may or may not be counted as members of your party. You should check the policy of your chosen accommodation carefully before booking. Children over the age of 2, not sleeping in a travel cot, count towards the total number of guests. Extra beds are not available for any of the lodges, and rollout beds are not permitted. The names, and ages of guests under 18, staying at Dacre Lakeside Park, and any intended visitors, must be advised in writing, in case of emergency.
Linen towels and keys. Except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets. Please take bed linen for cots with you as required. Towels are provided.
ACTIVITIES AND FACILITIES
We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond its control. The opening and closing dates of facilities are shown on each brochure entry and the website. Opening times may be limited outside the main holiday season
We have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests or to members of staff. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and we will not have any further liability. We/the Owners reserve the right to terminate a holiday after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests or members of staff. In these circumstances, no refund will be given.
Your stay at Dacre Lakeside Park should be an enjoyable break. Nevertheless, should you have cause for complaint, please advise us immediately, as it is difficult to investigate complaints of any nature once a client has returned home. Regrettably, therefore, it is unlikely that complaints can be accepted and investigated at the end of the hiring period or after the client has departed.
Clients are reminded that all the lodges at Dacre Lakeside Park are non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted in any of the lodges.
CARE OF PROPERTY
The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its contents, furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same truly clean and tidy condition at the end of the hire period as at the beginning. Although the client might not be charged for minor breakages (e.g. glasses), the client is responsible for all damage or breakages. Dacre Lakeside Park reserves the right to charge for any breakages or for any additional cleaning that may be required in the lodges that are not left in a clean state. This shall be done by means of a preauthorization swipe of a debit or credit card to the value of £100 which will be complete upon arrival at Dacre Lakeside Park.
OUR DUTY OF CARE
All properties are maintained to a high standard. In the event of a breakdown, a repair/replacement shall be found/fitted within 48 hours where possible. We cannot be held liable for a breakdown of any facility which is beyond reasonable control (e.g. breakdown or failure of any electrical equipment, facility or plumbing) or from any misuse or negligence of the client using our equipment or facilities resulting in loss, injury or accident. Off-road parking is provided adjacent to each lodge. Parking is entirely at the client’s own risk and no liability is accepted for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused.
Pets are accepted by prior arrangement in specified lodges. You may bring your pet with you in selected accommodation only, subject to a charge per pet, per week or short break. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet when you make your booking. They must be house trained, well behaved, kept off the soft furnishings/beds and not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere, and must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. All dogs must be kept on a leash when on-site. Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the Holiday Park. In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept any dogs named under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 as amended from time to time, even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation.
PERSONAL INJURY & LOSS OF CLIENT PROPERTY
The client or members of his/her party cannot hold Dacre Lakeside Park responsible for injury sustained or the loss or damage to any belongings during their stay at Dacre Lakeside Park. The proprietor accepts no liability for accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any residents, their family, visitors, animals, vehicles or personal effects however caused.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
We reserve the right to enter any lodge at any reasonable time for purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
RIGHT TO REFUSE
We reserve the right to refuse any booking and in exceptional circumstances, to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made for the client. We reserve the right not to accept a booking or refuse entry if any of the booking conditions are not met, and to order any unauthorised person off the premises. We reserve the right to refuse all single sex parties. No stag or hen parties accepted.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL
If for any reason a lodge is not available or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (e.g. water damage/fire damage) on the date booked, we will offer alternate accommodation or alternate dates, or offer a refund of all monies paid by the client. There shall be no further claim against Dacre Lakeside Park.